Pages

Saturday, July 27, 2013

Complete breakfast smoothie

This is an original smoothie recipe. I like this smoothie because its a full meal, at least for me, it keeps me full until  lunch.

Ingredients:
3/4 cup of fresh seasonal fruit, I used strawberries for this one (any berries or peaches would work well too)
1  large ripe banana
1 cup of frozen mixed tropical fruit. (If you cannot find a mix I would suggest just using frozen pineapple.)
1.5 cups of unsweetened vanilla almond milk or soy milk
1 tbsp of natural peanut butter
1/4 cup of rolled oats

Instructions:
1. Add  fresh fruit and banana into the blender first.
2. Then add frozen fruit, peanut butter, and rolled oats.
3. Add approximately 1.5  cups of almond milk to the smoothie,  add only enough to cover the top of the fruit. You can add more as blends depending on the thickness you prefer. 
4. Blend and enjoy!




No comments: